PHYS 102 :: Physics Illinois :: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Home page

Announcements

FINAL EXAM:

To help you review, here is a practice exam:

http://courses.physics.illinois.edu/phys102/Final_Review_FA14_combined_KEY.pdf

HOUR EXAM 3:

Review session for the third hour exam will be in room 222 (Loomis) on Friday July 24, from 10:00am – 12:00pm.

To help you study, here are some representative problems:

SUMMER 2008 HE2:  1, 2, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22

SUMMER 2008 HE3:  1-11, 18-20

HOUR EXAM 2:

Review session for the second hour exam will be in room 222 (Loomis) on Friday July 10, from 10:00am – 12:00pm.

SUMMER 2008 HE1:  10-23

SUMMER 2008 HE2:  3-9

SUMMER 2010 HE2:  1-8, 23

SUMMER 2007 HE2:  14 (You will be responsible for the torque on a loop, as in this problem; but you are not yet responsible for loops where a current is induced by rotation.)

At the session, I will start by answering any quick questions from people who can't stay the whole time.  Then I will work through the 2008 and 2007 exam questions.  If there is time left over, I'll stay in case anyone has looked at the 2010 problems and needs help.

As mentioned in lecture, you are responsible for problems with resistors and capacitors, and problems in which there are magnetic fields and forces but not magnetic induction (eg., Lenz, emf, transformers).  If you think the listing above contains irrelevant problems, please let me know, and I will adjust if necessary.

HOUR EXAM 1:

Here are some problems for you to try as you study for the first hour exam.

SUMMER 2010:  1-7, 12, 13, 15

SUMMER 2008:  1-9, 13

I will discuss these problems during our Friday (6/26) review session (see below).  As I picked these problems, I tried to avoid questions which, under our new curriculum, will not appear on the first hour exam.  If you think I've made a mistake, I encourage you to contact me.  As I mentioned in lecture, there will be two questions regarding material from lectures 6 and 7.

Anyone with questions about other relevant material is welcome at the review session.  I will answer those questions first.

Review session for first hour exam will be in room 222 (Loomis) on Friday June 26, from 10:00am – 12:00pm.

Welcome

Please see the course description for an explanation of how this course works. It may seem complicated at first, but all the pieces do work together to enhance understanding. The course description also gives important details on our policies for missed exams, labs & quizzes. Also, please consult the syllabus to help you keep track of what is due when.

i>clickers

We will be using i>clickers in every lecture. You can use either the older v1 or the newer v2 i>clickers. If you have not already done so, please register your clicker by visiting https://my.physics.illinois.edu/gradebook/. Having another student answer questions using your clicker is considered cheating.

Excused Absences

The only course components eligible to be issued a grade of EX are discussions, labs and exams (except for the final). Please submit your excused absence no later than 10 business days from your absence via the Excused Absences application. For more information, please read the course description page.