PHYS 212 :: Physics Illinois :: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- An excel spreadsheet is available to help you estimate your standing the course. Please note this is provided "AS IS" official grades will be calculated as posted on the website. GradeEstimator
- James Scholars there will be a special office hour on Wednesdays from 7-8 pm in 31 Loomis to help with the JS assignments.
- Final Exam for Physics 212 will be given Monday Dec 16th 7-10 PM and Tuesday Dec. 17th 8-11 AM.
Please see the course description for an explanation of how this course works. It may seem complicated at first, but all the pieces do work together to enhance understanding. The course description also gives important details on our policies for missed exams, labs & quizzes. Also, please consult the syllabus to help you keep track of what is due when.
You will need to get smartPhysics access and do the first Prelecture and Checkpoint before you go to the first lecture. If you already have a smartphysics account from 211, log in using that account, and go right to step 4 to add physics 212.
- Click on the smartPhysics link to the left.
- Click on the Register button, and create an account using your "NetID@illinois.edu" email address
- Complete your profile, then click on the Enrollments Tab
Click on the [Join a Course] link and enter "UIP212FA13"
- Enter your NetID (e.g. whatever is in front of "@illinois.edu" in your email address) and click "Enroll Course"
We will be using i>clickers in every lecture. You can use either the older v1 or the newer v2 i>clickers. If you have not already done so, please register your clicker by visiting https://my.physics.illinois.edu/iclicker/. Having another student answer questions using your clicker is considered cheating.
The only course components eligible to be issued a grade of EX are discussions, labs and exams (except for the final). Please submit your excused absence no later than 10 business days from your absence via the Excused Absences application. For more information, please read the course description page.