PHYS 212 :: Physics Illinois :: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- The first Phys 212 Lecture meets on Tuesday, January 21
- The first Phys 212 Discussion section meets on Tuesday, January 21
- The first Phys212 Lab section meets on Monday, January 27
Please see the course description for an explanation of how this course works. It may seem complicated at first, but all the pieces do work together to enhance understanding. The course description also gives important details on our policies for missed exams, labs & quizzes. Also, please consult the syllabus to help you keep track of what is due when.
You will need to get smartPhysics access and do the first Prelecture and Checkpoint before you go to the first lecture.
- Click on the smartPhysics link to the left.
- Click on the Register button, and create an account using your "NetID@illinois.edu" email address
- Complete your profile, then click on the Enrollments Tab
Click on the [Join a Course] link and enter UIP212SP14
- Enter your NetID (e.g. whatever is in front of "@illinois.edu" in your email address) and click "Enroll Course"
We will be using i>clickers in every lecture. You can use either the older v1 or the newer v2 i>clickers. If you have not already done so, please register your clicker by visiting https://my.physics.illinois.edu/iclicker/. Having another student answer questions using your clicker is considered cheating.
The only course components eligible to be issued a grade of EX are discussions, labs and exams (except for the final). Please submit your excused absence no later than 10 business days from your absence via the Excused Absences application. For more information, please read the course description page.