Physics 221
Enrichment Mechanics

David (Daeyoung) Lee

Homepage Notes Classwork Problem Sets Gradebook



Exam 1 Information:

Exam 2 Information:

Exam 3 Information:

General Information

Course Description

Supplement to PHYS 211 with a collaborative group learning approach to improving conceptual understanding and problem solving in introductory calculus-based mechanics. Intended for underprepared students who have taken PHYS 100, but other at-risk students will be admitted also. This course is designed to provide extra practice for learning course concepts and functions as a pre-discussion to PHYS211's discussion section.


David (Daeyoung) Lee →
Office Hours: Loomis 35, Mondays from 4:00 - 5:00 PM, or by appointment

Class Meeting

Loomis 276, Fridays from 12:00 - 1:50 PM (M1) or 2:00 - 3:50 PM (M2)


See here.

Formula Sheet

See here.


Course Grade Breakdown

Attendance (i.e., arriving on time) will be 10% of the total grade, participation is 20%, completion of your practice assignments is worth 30%, and your problem sets are worth 40% (which will be graded for correctness).

Homework due dates 

Any practice assignments or problem sets that are not finished by the end of class are due the following Friday. If the in-class practice problems are completed during class, please be sure to notify me before class ends to receive full credit!