PHYS 212 :: Physics Illinois :: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Make sure your gradebook is up to date! Email the appropriate person if you find a problem.The last day to request an EX is Thursday, Dec. 11. (HW and Lecture scores will be updated by 12/12)
- See "Course Description" to calculate course grade
- Please contact your Discussion TA to obtain Exam 3 booklet. These will probably be handed back during your TA's Office Hours.
Fri. 12/19, 1:30-4:30pm (combined) and Tue. 12/16, 1:30-4:30pm (conflict).
- You will be automatically signed up for the combined exam; if you want to instead take the conflict you must sign up in the gradebook. Please email email@example.com if you have a double conflict. The last day to register for a conflict exam is Wed., Dec. 10.
- Exam will be 50 questions uniformly distributed over the semester
*There will be Extra Office Hours Mon 12/15 and Thurs 12/18 -- check link for rooms and times
Please see the course description for an explanation of how this course works. It may seem complicated at first, but all the pieces do work together to enhance understanding. The course description also gives important details on our policies for missed exams, labs & quizzes. Also, please consult the syllabus to help you keep track of what is due when.
You will need to get smartPhysics access and do the first Prelecture and Checkpoint before you go to the first lecture.
- Click on the smartPhysics link to the left.
- Click on the Register button, and create an account using your "NetID@illinois.edu" email address
- Complete your profile, then click on the Enrollments Tab
Click on the [Join a Course] link and enter UIP212FA14
- Enter your NetID (e.g. whatever is in front of "@illinois.edu" in your email address) and click "Enroll Course"
We will be using i>clickers in every lecture. You can use either the older v1 or the newer v2 i>clickers. If you have not already done so, please register your clicker by visiting https://my.physics.illinois.edu/iclicker/. Having another student answer questions using your clicker is considered cheating.
The only course components eligible to be issued a grade of EX are discussions, labs and exams (except for the final). Please submit your excused absence no later than 10 business days from your absence via the Excused Absences application. For more information, please read the course description page.
Please read and become familiar with the Emergency Response Recommendations issued by the University.
For reference, Emergency Response Script read by your lecturer during the first lecture is also available.