University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Superconductivity, Ancient and Modern, Part 2.
Time and location:
- Time: Mon Wed 1:00 - 2:20 p.m.
- Place: 276 Loomis Laboratory
- A.J. Leggett (2113 ESB) Office hour 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Friday
- AtMa Chan atma.pochan at gmail dot com
- Problem Set 4 Due in the 598sc homework box (2nd floor Loomis) by 1 p.m. on Mon. 29 Oct. (Problem sets 1 - 3 were due in the first part of this course SC1).
- Lecture 1. Non-BCS Superconductivity: Diagnostics
- Lecture 2. Non-cuprate exotics I: BKBO, MgB2, alkali fullerides
- Lecture 3. Non-cuprate Exotics, II: Heavy-fermions, Ruthenates, Or-ganics
- Lecture 4. The cuprate superconductors: generalities ( composition, structure, phase diagram . . . )
- Lecture 5. Normal-state Properties: Optimal Doping: ( + overdoped regime)
- Lecture 6. The phase diagram: the 'pseudogap' regime. Systematics of Tc -- with additional notes on the last page
- Lecture 7. Superconducting-state properties I (static + transport)
- Lecture 8. Superconducting state II: Spectroscopic probes. Preliminary overview of the experimental situation
- Lecture 9. What do we know for sure about the cuprate superconductors?
- Lecture 10. What do we know for sure about the cuprate superconductors? II. Symmetry of the order parameter
- Lecture 11. The cuprate phase diagram revisited
- Lecture 12. Microscopic Theories of Cuprate Superconductivity: A Smorgasbord
Back to Part 1